How to Fail at a Job Interview
- Talk about your personal life.
- Speak in Tagalog/Taglish while the interviewer is speaking in English.
- Have a wrong choice of words.
- Dress like you’re going to a mall.
- Forget to put your phone on silent mode.
- Neglect to have eye contact with the interviewer.
- Eat gum while doing the interview.
- Be beyond 5 minutes late.
- Arrive an hour before the interview.
- Be unable to confirm that you are coming to the interview but still appear.
- Fold your resume.
- Leave your resume at home.
- Write unnecesary things in your resume and not be able to answer for them (i.e skills you say can do but can’t)
- Space out when you don’t know the answer.
- Omit to research about possible job interview questions and about the company.
- Don’t be polite.
- Say bad things about your previous employer.
- Forget to brush your teeth and take a bath.
- Bring your parents and have them talk to the receptionist or contact person.
- Demand a big salary, especially if you’re a fresh graduate.
Other Job Interview Articles You Can Use