Starbucks Coffee Barista Job – How To Land A Summer Job in Starbucks
Who Else Wants to be a Barista at Starbucks Coffee for the Summer?
It’s summer. Instead of going to the beach, some people would take the time to work and earn some extra cash. This is especially true for college students. One of their most popular choices for a summer job is becoming a Barista in places like Starbucks Coffee. This is probably one of the classiest part time jobs anyone can get for the summer.
So if you’re one of those hopefuls who wish to wear that Starbucks apron and serve world class tasting coffee, here are some tips.
- First thing’s first! Starbucks requires its applicants to be at least 18 years old, a college student and should be fluent in English. They are also looking for confident, outdoing, enthusiastic and diligent individuals to work as a part of their staff. If you think you have all of these qualities, don’t hesitate to apply!
- Next, go to any Starbucks Coffee establishment and talk to the branch manager. Here, they will give you instructions on how to go about your application. Also, grab an application form found in the condiment section of the coffee shop. Once you have done this, wait for their call.
- Because applying through random Starbucks branches and waiting for their call may take some time, some would recommend directly applying at the establishment’s main office in Sen. Gil Puyat/Buendia Ave., Makati (3/F Urban Building, Senator Gil Puyat Avenue).
- People who do a walk-in application may get interviewed immediately. At some point, you will have to fill up a form which will require you to mention your preferred branch and schedule.
- There are two interviews. The first one will be at the corporate office in Sen. Gil Puyat/Buendia ave. Whether or not you passed, you will receive a notice (on the same day). If you have, you shall proceed to the second interview with a certain branch manager.
- Treat this as any job interview. Look presentable since you’ll be getting the interview at the main office, wear corporate attire. You appearance will serve as you first impression. This will also be an indicator if you are determined enough to get the job.
If you’re willing to work as a barista at Starbucks Coffee this summer, make sure you get to polish your resume. Research on some of the most common job interview questions, so you can get a head start on what to expect. All in all, if you’re determined, it will show. Good luck!
Helpful Links that may Help You With Your Summer Job Experience: