Faculty Position for 2011 Spring Semester Gyeongju University, South Korea
at Gyeongju University in
Application Deadline: Nov 27, 2010
Gyeongju University, South Korea, seeks applications for full-time, non-tenure track positions in a range of disciplines. The chosen candidates are hired as professors on the condition that they obtain the visa to South Korea. Established in 1988, Gyeongju University (“http://www.gju.ac.kr/english”) has an enrollment of about 6,000 students. The University is well-known for its tourism education and studies throughout the country. Gyeongju City, with a population of 270,000, was the capital of the Silla kingdom 1,500 years ago and it is now one of the most visited tourist attractions in Korea. The city has some World Heritage sites by the UNESCO and is accepted as one of the most desired places to live in the country. It is located an hour’s drive from Pusan, Korea’s second largest city, which you can reach through Pusan International Airport (PUS).
Status: Full time, Non-tenure Track
Contract Period: March 1, 2011 to February 28, 2012. Renewal Possible.
- Academic Career: M.A./M.S. equivalent degree or higher
- Excellent competence in oral and written English (expected to lecture in English)
- Teaching experiences and/or Industry preferable
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Normal departmental duties
- Minimum required workload: 12 lecture hours per week, which may include on- and off-campus evening and night classes
- 4 Office hours per week
Salary and Benefits
- Basic Annual Salary: 27.6 million Won in Korean currency (about US$ 25,000) (The salary will be more for holders of the Ph.D degree or high qualifications)
- Additional payment for any extra teaching load, which includes on- and off-campus evening classes
- One-way air fare provided
- Furnished one-room studio apartment
- Office space with high-speed internet access
- Paid Vacation: two 4-week vacations (in the summer and winter)
- Application Form with your photograph attached and Research Summary Form [You can download the forms on the universityâ€™s page.]
- Curriculum Vitae
- Highest College Diploma (scanned)
- Official Academic Transcripts from the institutions of undergraduate level and higher (scanned)
Recruit Fields (The number in parentheses refers to vacancies.)
Tourism Field (2), Hotel field (2), Culinary or Cooking Arts (3), International Trading (1), Business Administration (1), Visual Arts Design (1), Nursing (1), Social Welfare (1), Landscape-Interior (1), Architecture (1), Eco Energy (1), Information & Communication Technology (1), Physical Education or Exercise Prescription (1), (Special Physical Training Education (1))
Due Date for Applications: Nov 27, 2010
Eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview. When you come to have an interview, you are required to bring your M.A./M.S. or Ph.D. diploma (real one, not scanned), official college transcripts (real ones, not scanned, from all the institutions of higher education), the Photocopy of the first page of your passport, and the list of References (Professional and/or Academic).
Please email all your documents to both [email protected], the email address of Dean of Academic Affairs of Gyeongju University and [email protected], the email address of the University’s recruiting manager.